Dental problems like cavities, gum disease, and tooth sensitivity are preventable. Visiting a dentist regularly can help prevent these problems and keep your smile healthy.
If you experience a dental problem, your dentist may recommend a dental procedure to restore your smile to full health.
There are quite a few problems that are caused by dental issues, such as:
- Bad breath
- Tooth sensitivity
- Gum disease
- Tooth loss
- Jaw pain
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
Losing a tooth can be quite traumatic.Major signs of dental problems are listed below.
- Pain or soreness around the tooth
- Pain or soreness around your gums
- Sores in your mouth
- Teeth or gums looking longer or shorter than before
There are times when a dental problem can be diagnosed through a visual inspection of your teeth. For example, if you have cavities, you may have pain when eating certain types of food. A dentist can diagnose cavities by examining your teeth and noting areas of sensitivity and decay.
During a dental consultation, the dentist will likely:
- Discuss your dental history, including past dental problems, current dental concerns, and any medications you take.
- Take digital X-rays of your teeth.
- Examine your teeth, gums, tongue, cheeks, and mouth to look for signs of tooth decay, oral cancer, gum disease, and other issues.
- Evaluate your jaw and other facial structures.
- Discuss your dental goals.
When you hear your dentist mention “treatment,” they are likely referring to a dental procedure. Some common procedures include dental fillings, root canals, tooth extractions, and dental bonding. The dentists examines the mouth to understand the dental condition of the patient.
According to the specific condition, the dentist provides treatments that help restore the dental condition.
Visit us for consultation at Shepherd Dental at 915-D N Shepherd Dr. Ste. D, Houston, TX 77008 or contact us for an appointment at (713) 864-3993.